Tuesday, June 2, 2015

'Entourage' movie crew evolves toward maturity


Hey, we all mature with age, don't we? I mean, even the "Entourage" crew, which takes takes its HBO cable series to the big screen on Wednesday, sounds as if they're growing up, despite an array of temptations offered in Hollywood.

During a recent L.A.-based press conference, here's what the four principal members of the cast had to say on how their characters have changed since the popular TV show ended its eight-year run in 2011:



Adrian Grenier (Vincent Chase):  "One thing about this crew that's so special is that even after all this time -- despite all the changes, despite all the ups and downs -- is that they remain steadfast in their loyalty to each other. Vince certainly has inspired a generosity amongst them and now they get to give back a little bit and support Vince as he takes the next step in his career as a director."

Kevin Dillon (Johnny "Drama" Chase): "My character probably has changed the least amount. It's all about fame, but not fortune so much, and he's still striving for that. But that's what I love about him. I don't want him to change too much because he's a lot of fun. I've actually had other actors come up to me and tell me how they love the way he stands up to producers. In the end, though, he's really about all the fellas and would do anything for them."



Jerry Ferrara ("Turtle"): "I feel that Turtle was the last to start that evolution process. I like to go back to the very, very early years -- when he told girls that, if they make out with him, he'll show them where Vince eats breakfast in the morning -- to then basically becoming a millionaire. I used to joke around and ask Doug all the time, 'When is Turtle going to grow up a little bit?' He always told me, 'in Season 8,' but I don't think he ever thought we'd get to Season 8. Then it was time, and I love how this guy has evolved. I got to grow up with this guy and, as he matured, I've matured. I still say I'm a little more mature than he is, though."

Kevin Connolly (Eric "E" Murphy): "I think all the characters have evolved. When you look at Season 1 and compare it to Season 8 -- at a different pace -- even Drama has changed. In fact, I think he's become more of his own man. I mean, if Johnny Drama had a resume on IMDB, it would be pretty impressive. And, with my character 'E,' he and Sloane (Emmanuelle Chriqui) are taking the big step by bringing a tiny new character into the 'Entourage' family. It's certainly a big step for anyone in real life, so for my character and Sloane, having a baby is really a big deal."

For more on "Entourage," check out our story about all the film's celebrity cameos.

Then learn how this current entourage compares to producer Mark Wahlberg's tough crew of Boston-bred buddies.

No comments: