Thursday, May 22, 2014

On Friday, Sandler and Barrymore try to blend nicely again

Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore have known each other for a long time. Now, in fact, they've officially "Blended" for a third time in the movie of the same name.

Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler create a 'Blended' bunch.
The two recently chatted about what makes them still tick together -- after previous onscreen pairings in "The Wedding Singer" and "50 First Dates" -- during a recent press conference to promote their latest film.

"I would sum it up in one word: Respect," Barrymore began in answering a question about chemistry. "It simply all stems from respect. I've always respected Adam and I love him. He makes us laugh. I was so in love with all the things he has done (in his career).

"I just love this person so much," said the new Mom (her second daughter, Frankie, with husband Will Kopelman was born just a month ago). "Still, when it comes down to that one on one, and it's the two us of doing our thing, it's just total respect. Call it giddy respect."

For his part, the ever-outspoken Sandler opted for the slightly racy. "Our chemistry in three films has only gotten hornier," he said. "Hey, I love Drew, I've known her for a long time. In all three movies we had the pleasure of falling in love. In the first two, I faked it, but in this one I really did (fall for her). 

"Maybe someday we'll do (a remake of) 'On Golden Pond' together," he said. "Only with more jokes."

In "Blended," opening Friday, the very good friends head a kind of a very PG-13-rated "Brady Bunch" for the present day. It's all directed by Frank Coraci, who also guided Barrymore and Sandler through their paces in "The Wedding Singer" more than 16 years ago.

No comments: