Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Twilight talk: 'Dawn' breaks for last time

The folks from the "Twilight" saga all were hanging around LA's Four Seasons Hotel the other day, and a couple even offered up some potentially memorable quotes.

Here are only a few of  the best before "Breaking Dawn: Part 2" debuts to the world on Nov. 16:

Michael Sheen (Aro, left) about his character: "He's just a sentimental old fool who loves to see the young people having fun. Then, he kills them. I really creep myself out in this movie."

Kellan Lutz (Emmett, at right with Kristen Stewart) on going from a playing a vampire in one huge film franchise to re-introducing Tarzan in another: "When I got into acting, I just fell in love with everything about it and, to me, growing up in the Midwest, just stepping back and thinking about what might be a dream role, I just loved "The Monkey Man." He's much like my character in "Twilight." Emmet is the monkey man and so, to make that transition, it was all quite fun for me. I fell in love with the brilliant script, which is so much more contemporary and modern. It's all motion capture, which is one of the hardest things I've ever done -- quadrupedding, running, learning how to walk like Tarzan -- which is pretty much a ballerina-esque walk. It took me a couple weeks just to break my -- doom, doom, doom -- Emmet walk."

Stephenie Meyer (author, right) on possibly penning more "Twilight" stories: "(Unlike vampires) I'm not into permanence so I wouldn't say never. I just know I'm not going to do it today. I don't know how I'm going to feel in five years. Maybe someday I'll just write it all down for myself and we'll see."

Bill Condon ("Breaking Dawn" director) on some of the humor in "Part 2": "Yes, it is an epic action movie with vampires. Some of them have to be funny just because vampires are really crazy."

Elizabeth Reaser (Esme Cullen, left) on how her character has influenced her: "I really appreciate Esme's sweetness and kindness and generosity of spirit and her ability to wear heels and dresses 24 hours a day. My preference, you know, would to be in sweatpants. So, I do think that being Esme for so many years really has influenced my ability to throw on a pair of heels and a pencil skirt. Besides, that, I would like to think that she's made me a better person, but that's just wishful thinking."

Look for more on "Twilight: Breaking Dawn: Part 2," including a review and more star comments from Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner, next week at Sun News.

No comments: