Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Julia just loves her co-stars in 'Eat Pray"


So if you haven't heard, Julia Roberts has a new movie coming out. "Eat Pray Love," opening Aug. 13 and based on the memoirs of Elizabeth Gilbert, finds the actress globetrotting around the world as a writer trying to re-discover herself.


Along the way. she meets various co-stars, a few of whom Roberts talks about here.


Viola Davis: "I wish she was here (at the film's Napa Valley-based press conference). For me, this was four movies and the person who tethered me to the world. Viola has the great lines in all our scenes and is just amazing actress and so nice to get to know her and watch her perform. She’s very friendly and her talent is so ferocious I was glad ot sit and eat cupcakes with her. She’s missed here."
Billy Crudup: "Billy is one of my favorite actors. I’ve seen him on stage and in movies and so, one of my concerns with him playing the husband (was that) I didn’t want anybody that early in the movie to disconnect from what I was going to do. I want them to stay with me. Billy had the greatest challenge to create a marriage you believe in, and he did all these little quirky things that helped inform their relationship so you understood why they were together and it was like a magic trick. I don’t know how he did it."
Richard Jenkins: "When I went to India with Richard we had such a great time in rehearsal, but I was the most nervous. He’s so tall and talks really loud and we had the greatest time. He’s so kind in all these scenes; he presents them. It’s like surgery; it’s so precise. I just had to not get lost in that. The line (in the film) about James Taylor is where I’m not supposed to be listening and see his big eyes. It was great until the very last day, and we sat and had dinner together and became friends for life."
Javier Bardem: "Then I went off to Bali and Javier showed up and it was like deciding to get a puppy. You had everything in your house worked out and then the puppy comes and I’m way too tired for this puppy. He had all this enthusiasm and gusto and wants to do all these scenes and you go (shakes her head no), but his excitement was so contagious and each time we went to a country we got revved up for a whole new experience. I was a little terrified from 'No Country for Old Men,' and he even brought a picture from 'No Country for Old Men,' but he comes across as really comfortable. I said to him at the end, 'I thought you would be so intense and brooding and weird and you’re so sweet and funny.' He said. 'I’m not normally. I just wanted to try it once to see how it works.' I’m so glad he did."

For more from and on Julia, look for my Aug. 13 report at Sun News and Reel Rave. My review of "Eat Pray Love" also will be found on both sites, along with my review of Alain Resnais' "Wild Grass."

8 comments:

麗王王珠 said...

來打聲招呼-大家好!!!..................................................

童建李宜昌智 said...

寂寞又無聊 看到你的BLOG 加油喔!!..................................................

峻胡邦慧v帆 said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。.. ... ............................................................

熙筠銘筠銘筠銘辰 said...

看後受益良多,謝謝∪ˍ∪..................................................................

至馬馬馬馬玄馬馬馬馬 said...

感謝大大的無私分享 讓小弟獲益良多 終於知道網上還有這麼多的好東西≧▽≦"
............................................................

建枫 said...

文章雖然普通,但意義卻很大~~^^~~ ..................................................

Raul said...

Hi,iºam Raul from Madrid,Spain,you did a nice job with this website,i like your articles and you photos,i will visit you again soon to see the new post because a like reading and see peoples ideas,by the way i was born in
Nehoiu ,is a beautiful town in Romania,you can make a virtual visit but now i live in Spain ,i love reading about serial killers ,the are a few articles in this blog and i have my websites submited into a SEO friendly directories , you can submit you sites here,i hope you will find it usefull,anyway,if you like romantic books you can fiind here some ,myself i do a lot for living,i sell cosmetics for Oriflame ,i work in marketing and for the last i own a small services company .see you soon,the best regards from Madrid

黃英吳思潔吳思潔邦 said...

一個人的際遇在第一次總是最深刻的,有時候甚至會讓人的心變成永遠的絕緣。......................................................................