Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The end is nigh; see it all at the movies


Quite fittingly, "2012" begins on Friday, the 13th. What a lovely day to end the world.
Seriously, folks, the disaster movie about what could be in store for us all in a couple of years does debut this week, but a few of the film's princicpal messengers don't seem very concerned about the message.
"I can’t remember how to say the last word, ‘Return of Quetzalcoatl,’ but that book, I think, is probably more in line with what I think (about the Mayan prophecy for 2012)," explained headliner John Cusack. "I’ve actually read that book -- not all the way I have to admit -- thought it seemed more like I thought was going to happen, rather than the actual End of Days.
"I just think it taps into the paranoia all over the world about how out of control the world feels. It’s definitely all designed that way. Everybody sort of knows what all the problems are, with global warming and all of those things in the zeitgeist. This smartly doesn’t get into the politics of it. It just gets into the fact of what’s important to you, what matters, and that feeling you have (that) if something bad happens you try to cut through all the BS."

"It’s just something more to worry about," Chiwetel Ejifor piped in. "I will spend the year all kind of quietly I think, with family and friends, and hope for the best.
"No, I don’t have a real opinion about 2012," he added with a chuckle. "Like John says, maybe (there will be) a shift in consciousness or something like that; it feels like things are converging and something has to change. Maybe it will start around that time."
Even Amanda Peet, the self-proclaimed "hypochondriac" in the group, mostly brushed aside all possibilities.
"I worry a lot about a lot of things," she said, "but I’m going to try not to worry about it too much. That’s sort of my philosophy and that was my philosophy for the new millennium and everything else."
Of course, if the Apocalypse isn't big enough to handle, "Twlight" crazies are already dying to find out if werewolves can beat up vampires. Be sure to check out what some key members of the "New Moon" cast said about the second part of their screen "Saga" at Sun News. That's where you also can read my review of "Pirate Radio," as well as Stan Urankar's review of "2012."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Any Movie Download And Watch Online Movie easily Download and watch online,, on dooiitt.com
spyder movie in telugu
judwaa 2 movie