Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Here's a quote to haunt the present of "Girlfriends Past" actor


Matthew McConaughey claims he's nothing like the romantic cad he plays in "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past." Still, the movie's slimy Connor Mead does not believe in marriage, and the actor who portrays him also does not seem ready to make the leap -- at least not anytime real soon.
"Am I getting married in the future?" McConaughey started to answer a recent question. "Not today. I don’t have any plans for it. It’s not an institution I’m against at all. I’m actually for it, believe in it, and have seen it actually be very, very healthy for many relationships.
"Some people go through it in great ways. It’s just not something I plan on doing right now. It’s not what I feel like I need to do right now. But I’m not against it at all."
Wonder how model Camila Alves, the mother of McConaughey's son (Levi Alves, 10 months), feels about that.
Meanwhile, co-star Jennifer Garner, who just welcomed her second daughter (Seraphina Rose Elizabeth on Jan. 6) with Ben Affleck, preferred to chat more about being a mom than her actor husband.
"The rule with marriage is the less you talk about it the better," Garner said, "at least as far as I can tell.
"Everything is going really well, thank you very much. Everyone is happy and healthy. It's only one more (daughter), but it feels like three more. The experience is easier with the second child, but the overall thing is just happy chaos.
"Now that it has continued to evolve," Garner added, "I can love my job. Just looking at it as a working Mom, there are a lot of great things about what I do as a Mom. I work really intensely for a while, in a way and place where people are very respectful of my girls and me. If I need to take a break and feed a baby, they let me. That isn’t always the case for women in the corporate world. I have help -- I have the support that I need -- with a great partner in raising kids. He is just super involved."
Ironically -- or maybe not -- Affleck was supposed to star for Disney when screenwriters Jon Lucas and Scott Moore originally penned their "Ghosts" script nearly seven years ago. Now, his wife stars opposite McConaughey for Warner Bros. when their romantic comedy opens Friday. Read my review, as well as some "He said, She said," dialogue between Garner and McConaughey, right now in the Sun News. My review of "Hunger" also has been posted.

No comments: